From: Heather Duschell, FEMA Region IX, Tribal Liaison
Please join FEMA Region IX Recovery Division will host the Planning for Recovery Workshop Webinar through Adobe Connect on Monday June 13, 2016 from 1:00 pm-3:00 pm Pacific Time. We will look at FEMA Recovery programs and discuss the need for creating administrative plans prior to a disaster from the subject matter experts.
The intended audience for this training are tribes that might decide to request a Presidential Disaster Declaration independently of a state government.
Tribal leaders seeking to successfully prepare for, respond to, and recover from disaster incidents will benefit from the FEMA Individual Assistance and Public Assistance program information provided in this workshop. This training will include tribal specific updates for programs that are available to Indian tribal governments that have received a major disaster declaration that includes Public Assistance and Individual Assistance programs. Through these programs, FEMA is able to deliver a variety of services for impacted governments and disaster survivors.
Workshop topics will include:
- Preliminary Damage Assessment Process
- An Overview of Individual Assistance Programs offered by FEMA
- Individuals and Households Program, Housing Assistance
- Individuals and Households Program, Other Needs Assistance
- Crisis Counseling and Training Programs
- Disaster Case Management
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance
- Disaster Legal Services
- Other Needs Assistance (ONA) State Administrative Plan
- Public Assistance will give you a brief overview of what is required to provide federally-recognized Indian Tribal Governments with the tools necessary to prepare a Public Assistance Plan. This is an annual requirement, depending on whether you are going to request a Presidential declaration on your own or come in under your State.
- Plan Overview
- Templates/Tools Public Assistance Admin Plan
Monday June 13, 2016 1:00-3:00 pm Pacific Time
To join the meeting:
Conference number: 800-320-4330
Conference Pin: 966730
If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before:
Test your connection: https://fema.connectsolutions.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
Get a quick overview: http://www.adobe.com/products/adobeconnect.html
Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat and Adobe Connect are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.